Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Awesome Kids!


Last Thursday, Desiree was inducted into the National Junior Honors Society!! I really had no idea what it was. Apparently it's for good grades and good behavior at school and it's supposed to look great on a college application! Desiree has never brought home anything less than an A on her report card! Part of that could be that the Krispy Kreme here (and maybe other places) gives the kids one free donut for every A they get on their report card. You just have to take it with you and show them. So, every 6 weeks we go and take advantage of this great promotion. We just did it last night for FHE. Anastasia gets only straight As as well, so we end up with 11 free donuts, plus the sample you get while you're in line waiting to pay. We really score! That's a whopping total of 16 free donuts! And we have no problem eating them for breakfast the next morning and then taking one in their lunches to school the next day. Needless to say, they're all gone within less than 24 hours! Sad, but true. But, I digress....

Desiree's ceremony for the induction was cool. They lit candles and talked about the good qualities that these kids need to have to be leaders. There were a lot of kids that got inducted that day. The whole thing was a good experience for me. That kid of mine is awesome!! There isn't anything that she can't do if she puts her mind to it. Sometimes she doesn't even have to put her mind to it, she can just do it. It's unfair really. :)

Jax is learning how to pedal a tricycle. A friend of ours gave us this tricycle that looks like a Harley Davidson. It's cool! He hasn't been able to reach the pedals for awhile, so now that it's getting warmer here he can be outside and pedal away! Gotta love his cheesy smile!


As for Anastasia, she has really been doing her homework and piano practicing and taekwondo and chores perfectly! She does everything she needs to every day. We recently found out that she's reading at an end-of-fourth-grade level at school! She's a smart little kid! She's looking forward to Spring Break next week so she can learn to ride her bike without training wheels. That's our goal for the week! I know it's a little late for her but we really can't hang out outside for very long here because of the heat and she's been really scared to. We're determined! I'll take pictures of that,too!!

When Grandma and Grandpa left, they left a storage unit full of their stuff here. Grandma has a TV that she inherited from her Mom, Granma Gigi, when she passed away and it has a built-in DVD player so I went ahead and traded her TV for my old ugly one without a DVD player and put it in my bedroom so the kids could watch movies on the weekends before they go to bed. They love it! They get all "cozy" on my bed and watch a movie with the lights off. It's so cute I had to take a picture!


I've been reminded lately of the blessings that I have in my life with my children. I love them and couldn't have asked for better kids. We only have about 5 years left with Desiree at home and I know that's going to go by so fast I'm going to die! It makes me sick to my stomach to even think about it now....:(

1 comment:

Kate said...

I said to Ethan, "Remember Desiree?" He looks at the picture, shakes his head, and then does a double take. "That's her!" He remembered her, she just doesn't look the same.